June 24–25, 2023
Algorithms and Computation
June 24–25, 2023
Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan
The aim of this workshop is to provide a forum for researchers working on algorithms and the theory of computation, to promote the exchange of recent results, to foster new collaborations among researchers. Historically, the workshop has established for the purpose of collaboration of researchers of Korea and Japan; however, participation from any country is welcome.
The workshop is organized by the Special Interest Group on Algorithms (SIGAL) of the Information Processing Society of Japan and the Special Interest Group on Theoretical Computer Science (SIGTCS) of the Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers (KIISE).
The topics covered by the workshop are, but not limited to:
- Automata, languages and computability
- Algorithms (combinatorial/graph/geometric/randomized)
- VLSI and parallel algorithms
- Networks and distributed algorithms
- Learning theory and data mining
- Number theory and cryptography
- Graph drawing and visualization
- Computational logic
- Combinatorics and optimization
Hee-Kap Ahn (POSTECH)
Optimal paths in the presence of obstacles
Submission [Call for Papers (PDF)]
Authors are invited to submit papers up to 8 pages in English via the EasyChair submission system.
Since the proceedings will be only distributed at the workshop, submission of preliminary or extended versions of materials that are to appear in other conferences or journals is allowed and encouraged.
- Submission deadline (extended): April 25, 2023 (KST & JST)
April 15, 2023 (KST & JST)
- Notification of acceptance: May 15, 2023
- Final version submission: May 31, 2023
- Early registration deadline: June 1, 2023
- Registration deadline: June 16, 2023
- Conference: June 24–25, 2023
There is a subway station, Nagoya Daigaku Station (Nagoya University Station), in our campus. From Exit 1 of the station, you walk 500m in the campus to the workshop building. The conference room is on the ground floor and easy to find.
From Central Japan International Airport (Centrair):
- Take the Meitetsu Train to Kanayama Station.
- Then, walk to the Subway Kanayama Station (station number M01) and take the Subway Meijo Line (counter-clockwise direction) to the Nagoya Daigaku Station (M18).
From Nagoya Station:
- Take the Subway Higashiyama Line from the Subway Nagoya Station (station number H08) to the Motoyama Station (H16, M17).
- Then, take the Subway Meijo Line (clockwise direction) to the Nagoya Daigaku Station (M18).
|Sang Won Bae, co-chair||(Kyonggi University)|
|Da-Jung Cho||(Ajou University)|
|Jinhee Chun, co-chair||(Tohoku University)|
|Seungbum Jo||(Chungnam National University)|
|Yota Otachi||(Nagoya University)|
|Heejin Park||(Hanyang University)|
|Toshiki Saitoh||(Kyushu Institute of Technology)|
|Akira Suzuki||(Tohoku University)|
|Sang Duk Yoon||(Sungshin Women's University)|
Jinhee Chun, Kazuhiro Kurita, Hirotaka Ono, Yota Otachi, Toshiki Saitoh.
Registration is closed. We will no longer be able to accept new registrations and there will be no on-site registration.
Fees should be paid in JPY cash at the workshop. The fee includes two lunches, but no dinner.
|Early (by June 1)||Late (June 2–16)|
|Regular||15,000 JPY||18,000 JPY|
|Student||5,000 JPY||7,000 JPY|
- WAAC 2019: October 4–5, 2019, KAIST, Daejeon, Korea
- WAAC 2018: August 26–27, 2018, Fukuoka, Japan
- WAAC 2017: August 25–26, 2017, Seoul, Korea
- WAAC 2016: August 30-31, 2016, Hakodate, Japan
- WAAC 2015: August 21-22, 2015, Songdo Convensia, Incheon, Korea
- WAAC 2014: July 13-15, 2014, Okinawa Convention Center, Ginowan, Japan
- WAAC 2013: July 12-13, 2013, Kyonggi University, Suwon, Korea (snapshot)
- WAAC 2012: July 10-11, 2012, National Institute of Informatics, Tokyo, Japan
- WAAC 2011: July 8-9, 2011, Hanwha Resort, Busan, Korea (snapshot)
- WAAC 2010: July 23-24, 2010, Kanazawa Culture Hall, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan (snapshot)
- WAAC 2009: July 4-5, 2009, Kookmin University, Seoul, Korea
- WAAC 2008: July 19-20, 2008, Fukuoka, Japan
- WAAC 2007: August 9-10, 2007, at Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Korea
- WAAC 2006: July 4-5, 2006, at Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
- WAAC 2005: August 12-13, 2005, at Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea (snapshot)
- WAAC 2003: July 3-4, 2003, at Sendai City Information & Industry Plaza, Sendai, Japan
- WAAC 2001: June 28-29, 2001, at Pusan National University, Pusan, Korea (snapshot)
- WAAC 2000: July 21-22, 2000, at University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
- WAAC 1999: July 19-20, 1999, at Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- WAAC 1997: July 25-26, 1997, at Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
- WAAC 1996: August 23-24, 1996, at KAIST, Taejon, Korea
- WAAC 1995: July 20-21, 1995, at Osaka Electro-Communication University, Japan